Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 3

Just as I expected, Bob and I both slept through our 6 AM alarms and didn't get out of Denver until 9 AM. Another late day. Sean advised us to enjoy the trip and be kind to each other and that's exactly what we need to do. However, today would be challenging. We would be going through NEBRASKA. My apologies to anyone from Nebraska, but the trip along the major highways is one of the most boring stretches of the US we have ever traveled on. And just as we predicted, this was a tedious day. The kayaks, however, seemed pretty secure--thanks, Sean.

There's really not much to report. Once again, as usual, Bob did all of the driving and we made it to Omaha. We stayed in a very nice Comfort Inn--and I discovered yet another idiosyncrasy that I have. I am practically OCD about the beds, linens, mattress, and pillows. If they're not just right (medium hard mattress, smooth crisp sheets, and many pillows of all degrees of softness), I don't sleep. This Comfort Inn was PERFECT. Very comfortable beds (two queens).

Sweet Potato Fries
delicious) food. I had 1/2 a rack of ribs with a salad, and sweet potato fries. Bob had sweet potato fries, brisket, and cole slaw. The meat was tender and the barbecue sauce was excellent--not too sweet with a little kick. The fries were crisp and freshly cut. We both had a beer and went to bed fairly early.

Tomorrow, we drive the dreaded (even more boring) I 80 through Iowa and Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment